What's a Department in LOU?
1. Enter demographic information for the Department: Name, location, Contact info.
2. Enter Accounting information: unique code, Payment Term, and whether to include the code on GL postings.
3. Choose the Tax Codes that should be used on Documents.
4. Enter POS information, including custom POS Receipt Text.
1. To create a new Department, click
2. Enter a Name, choose the Department Type, and enter the necessary demographic information.
3. Scroll and enter the Accounting information. (Make sure you’ve set up your Payment Terms before entering this information.) This Code allows you to append a Code to General Ledger posts to quickly identify that post as belonging to the specific Department. Example: Service Department Code is SER. There’s a GL post to Account 2002 from the Service Department. It would show on the GL as SER2002 or 2002SER.
4. Scroll and enter the Tax information.
- This is an important piece in setup. This will control the default tax used to process transactions in this Department. If you will have PAX POS Stations in this Department, this is where LOU Retail POS will get Default Tax Code information.
- IMPORTANT! If you select a Use Tax Code as the default for any document, Sales Tax will not be collected or calculated unless you manually update the Tax Code on the Document.
5. Scroll and finish the setup window by entering the POS information, then click Create.
Repeat this process for each Department you wish to create. Below is an example with a company who's set up their two retail stores and service centers as Departments.
Edit an Existing Department
Do you need to edit your existing Departments? Click the Actions drop down and select Update.
The same Department details window will come up so you can add, edit, or remove information.
Make sure you click Update before exiting or your changes won’t be applied!