A note for Onboarding Clients: If you’re currently going through Onboarding and you are not yet live in LOU, you will work with your Onboarding Specialist to create Bin Relationships while working on your Inventory.
Set Up Bin Relationships for the First Time After you Go Live: You may not have created a robust Bin structure when you initially onboarded LOU. This document is to help you go through some important setup items to allow you to take full advantage of the Bin Relationships feature.
Stock Sites and Bins
Make sure you’ve got your Stock Sites and Bins created. If you have multiple Stock Sites, you should also ensure you’ve created your Stock Site Selection Matrix. A few things to remember:
- Pro Plan members are limited to a single Stock Site. Enterprise Plan members can create unlimited Stock Sites.
- LOU does not allow you to create a hierarchy of Bins. There is only one level of Bins.
- IMPORTANT! Bins should not replace Stock Sites. If you require more than one Stock Site for proper Inventory Management, you should upgrade to the Enterprise Plan. You can do that here.
- When you have multiple Stock Sites, you need to help LOU determine when to use the Stock Sites by defining a Stock Site Selection Matrix.
- Think of Stock Site Selection Matrices as a story: When Chemicals are sold on a Sales Order through the Showroom #2 Department and the Distribution Method is Customer Pickup, the items’ quantities will be reduced in the Showroom Stock Site. When Hot Tubs are sold on a Work Order through the Main Department and the Distribution Method is Delivery, the item’s quantity will be reduced in the Main Warehouse Stock Site.
- Go to each Inventory and Serialized SKU’s SKU Profile and follow the steps to create one or more Bin Relationships .
- You are not required to use Bin Relationships.
- Bin Relationships cannot be imported.
- Bin Relationships cannot be created, updated, or deleted through the Mass SKU Update process.
- Once you’ve created Bin Relationships, you’ll need to Transfer Stock to move existing QOH to the Bins for which you established Bin Relationships for each SKU.
- REMEMBER! The only non-default Bins that will display when transferring stock are the ones for which Bin Relationships have been created on that SKU. If you don’t see a Bin listed, it means you haven’t created the Bin Relationship for that Stock Site and Bin on the SKU you’re transferring.
- Stock Transfers cannot be done through an import. You must perform each transfer manually.
IMPORTANT! You only need to Transfer Stock to the correct non-default Bins during this initial process. After this, any time you create a Purchase Order, the Inventory will be received into the correct Bin according to the Stock Site you choose during Purchase Order creation so long as you’ve established the Bin Relationship on the SKU Profile.